Steel Mill Maintenance Software
Steel is the backbone of modern life. It is used in the buildings where we work and live; the appliances, tools, and utensils we use; the vehicles we rely on for transportation; and much more. Due to widespread demand, steel manufacturing is fiercely cost competitive. To maintain their margins and remain profitable, steel mills must focus on cost-cutting measures like optimizing the use of maintenance resources. Doing so is difficult without the right technology in place, such as a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS).
FTMaintenance steel factory maintenance software empowers you to make better management decisions about maintenance operations. The system stores important details about your assets, including when they were purchased, maintained, and when major repairs were performed. Based on this data, you can create customize maintenance plans that extend the asset lifecycle. Reporting capability allows you to track asset performance metrics and adjust your maintenance plans accordingly.
FTMaintenance Benefits for Steelmakers
- Be more strategic about maintenance activities by making the transition from reactive to proactive maintenance.
- Lower overall maintenance costs by creating a master preventive maintenance plan that reduces unexpected failures.
- Be better prepared for plant shutdowns by organizing the resources required for critical preventive maintenance tasks ahead of time.
- Return assets to service faster by leveraging maintenance history records for more effective troubleshooting.
- Optimize inventory costs by closely tracking what inventory you have and what is needed for upcoming maintenance activities.
- Improve the quality of maintenance activities by assigning employees to jobs based on qualification and skill level.
- Reduce the risk of accidents by creating preventive maintenance procedures that incorporate clear, descriptive safety tasks.
- Increase productivity by equipping technicians with a mobile CMMS that can be used to access maintenance information from internet-connected devices.
- Decrease costly asset downtime by planning maintenance activities that reduce the frequency and duration of breakdowns.
- Track any type of maintenance including corrective maintenance (CM) and preventive maintenance (PM) and plan follow-up maintenance work.
How to Implement a Proactive Maintenance Strategy
Many maintenance teams operate on using a “fix it when it breaks mentality,” which can run counter to larger business goals. A proactive maintenance strategy is more financially and operationally beneficial. Learn how to implement a proactive maintenance plan.
COVID-19’s Impact on Manufacturing
Everyone has been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, including all types of manufacturers. They are handling the situation well, but they have been presented with many challenges, which we will talk about in this blog post.
5 Reasons Maintenance Management is Important
The maintenance team plays a significant role in the success of industrial companies. When maintenance work is not managed properly, the business suffers. Learn more about why maintenance management is important.
10 Reasons to Use CMMS Over Spreadsheets
Many companies use spreadsheets to track maintenance data, but there are better solutions available. Learn about the advantages of using FTMaintenance over static spreadsheet software for maintenance management.